Currently working in the commercial property team at Minter Ellison Rudd Watts and having just launched her personal health and wellness venture “Crossing Paths”; Sophie Shieff’s aim is to encourage a balance between corporate life and holistic well-being. Follow her Instagram or like her Facebook page.
1. Most memorable show/event/concert and why?
Wanderlust, Auckland 2014. It was a blissful day of meditation, yoga, raw food, like-minded spiritual individuals and craft markets. A hippie’s dream!
2. You have $50 in your pocket on a Friday night out – where would you go?
Hot power yoga class in the city, followed by dinner and kombucha cocktails at Little Bird Unbakery in Ponsonby.
3. If you were to produce/create a show, what would it be about?
I would run a wellness retreat in Bali. It would include a week of restorative yoga, Pilates, pranayama (yoga breathing), relaxation, massage, candle making and wholesome food.
4. Favourite piece of art/object/rock?
I love bridges. My favourite being The “Ponte Vecchio” in Florence.
5. One sentence to describe the arts, culture, and events scene in Auckland?
Health and wellness is more prominent in Auckland than ever before; it’s exciting what the future has in store.